YouTube is the new sensation in the town. We all know social media plays an important role in today’s life. Everyone out there is engaged on something or other over the internet. People nowadays choose social media platforms in order to showcase their talents and abilities. Many people also got famous over the internet. So coming back to YouTube, it is a video sharing service where users can watch, like, share, comment and upload their own videos.
The video service can be accessed on PCs, laptops, tablets and via mobile phone. It allows people to upload their videos and showcase their talents and abilities. People open their youtube channels and get paid according to views on their videos. Thousands of people are now engaged in this business.
Also, gaming has become another interesting and popular thing in today’s world, especially among the boys. People spend hours in gaming and it has become somewhat of an addiction. YouTube gaming channels can be loosely-defined as any channel that covers gaming, but that’s a bit too general a way to describe a diverse array of content creators. YouTube gaming channels do all kinds of different things: some create gaming-inspired comedic skits, others focus on in-game commentaries, others dive in deep with criticism and analysis, others speculate and theorize about a game’s lore, others serve as tutorials…
It’s a fairly wide spectrum. Most YouTube gaming channels can fit into one of the following categories:
1 .“Show” channels are a diverse group, but typically focus on a personality and share common themes. Videos are presented as part of a series, and sometimes multiple series exist on the same channel.
- Commentary channels. These channels are focused on gameplay content with background narration. This is a flexible format that can crossover with others, but these channels usually have commentaries discussing the game itself or the creator’s personal life.
- In-game comedy channels. Some channels will create comedic skits within the constraints of the game and its tools. This is especially common with titles like Team Fortress 2 and Grand Theft Auto V: two games with in-depth replay/cinematic editors.
- Out-of-game comedy channels. Meanwhile, other channels will make comedic skits about games without using the games themselves. This includes the popular video game-themed raps and “in real life” skits.
- Informational/trivia channels. These channels focus on Did You Knows about video games, video game consoles, and their development. Content like what you find on these channels can be found on others, too, but channels hosting exclusively this kind of content are becoming more popular.
- Tutorial/raw gameplay channels. These channels host either tutorials on game mechanics/improving with those mechanics (this can crossover with commentary) or raw gameplay. Raw gameplay channels are a rarer breed, however, since without commentaries or significant editing it may fall outside the range of “fair use”
Now coming to the main topic people often have got the skills and talent but get confused on how to start things out. So this article might help all those people to throw some light on YouTube gaming channels.
The very first thing you should consider is to create a proper channel plan for your goals as a gamer. To start with be sure of your ideas and try to figure out plans and ways to work on your YouTube channel and make it a success. Think about your long-term goals that whether to keep it as a hobby or to turn it into a profession. Self-realization and introspection are very important as it is not easy to maintain things like this.
Challenge yourself and keep goals for yourself so that execution is properly done. After all, everything depends on your will.
The second thing is to purchase and uses high-quality recording and editing equipment. One important factor is in order to make your videos popular and attractive one must not compromise with quality. A common mistake people make is spending money on expensive DSLR, but not on microphone.
Always spend money on microphone first. Here is a list of Best Microphones for Youtube. The graphics and sound quality should be such that the viewers are satisfied. Gaming videos are after all expected to be the best.
Third step here is communication. As a gamer start uploading your videos frequently. In order to maintain communication start interacting with your viewers like asking them to leave their comments and replying to their messages and comments. Ignorance should never be an option. Always keep it in mind to ask them for their suggestions regarding their ideas for improvement. Be as much frank as possible.
You should also pay attention to thumbnails. They are the biggest thing about your video visible to your audience. You can use free thumbnail creators to create awesome thumbnails.
Next thing is a promotion. You cannot just rely on uploading video and then waiting for views. You have to share it in other places too. The link should be shared in your WhatsApp stories, Instagram, Facebook, and other popular social media platforms. Also, try that you grab as many followers or friends possible so as to increase your views.
Next important thing is that you make playlists for different genres and/or types of videos you have uploaded. This is because obviously you will not be uploading same types of game videos every time and this might trouble the viewers sometimes when they search for their options on your channel. So categorizing them will be a solution forever.
When you do this you can always give the audience their desired searches reliably. Plus as we know YouTube starts the next video automatically so it is more likely to increase your views.
Next important step is branding your channel. When people watch your videos you will always like them to come back for next videos and also an association of your videos with your channel’s brand is also desirable.
A simple way to brand your content is to use an in-video graphic of your logo at the beginning of your YouTube videos and or add a watermark of your logo in one corner of your content.
So this is all it takes to open a YouTube gaming channel. Although there will be competition around all you are to keep in mind that you should always focus on your videos and make improvements always. Because everything starts and ends with you after all.